Bradley Accountancy – About Us
Bradley Accountancy is a progressive Accountancy firm providing clients with a full range of accounting, auditing, personal and corporate taxation, company secretarial, bookkeeping and payroll services. Since our inception, our client base has grown to cover a diverse range of businesses and gained a strong reputation for the quality of our services. We offer practical advice that business owners can understand and use to successfully grow their business. Our clients include sole traders, partnerships, medical practitioners, farmers, limited companies, companies limited by guarantee and PAYE employed individuals.
The firm was founded by Tom Bradley B.B.S., F.C.C.A, a chartered certified accountant, registered auditor and member of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA). He obtained a bachelor of business degree (Accounting) from Galway-Mayo Institute of Technology before becoming a member of ACCA. He underwent his accountancy training with CAG Chartered Accountants and successfully completed his professional accountancy exams in 2000. He has over twenty years’ experience acting for a range of small to medium-sized commercial and self-employed businesses. He has worked closely with clients covering a range of industries including the automotive industry, hotel trade, food industry, retail, manufacturing, engineering, construction trades, property rental, farming, medical, dental, auctioneering and property management. He has also worked on behalf of clients in dealing with the Revenue Commissioners concerning Revenue Audits and Revenue Aspect Queries.
Our firm is a member of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) – the global body for professional accountants.
We provide a complete range of accounting services to self-employed individuals, registered partnerships, and limited companies. Our services include:
- Preparation of statutory annual financial statements for limited companies in compliance with all relevant accounting standards and Irish company law
- Preparation of annual accounts for Sole Traders and registered partnerships which form the basis of income tax returns
- Advice on keeping proper books of account in line with Revenue and company law requirements
- Reviewing, recommending and implementing accounting software packages taking due consideration of client’s needs, business size and industry
- Other accounting services including cash flows, budgets, business plans and due diligence.
All of our accounts preparation is finalised and reviewed with clients in a timely manner to ensure all relevant filing dates are met. As part of our review process we highlight any areas where business owners can focus their valuable time on streamlining and improving business performance.
Bookkeeping & Payroll Services
At Bradley Accountancy, we understand how time-consuming bookkeeping and payroll can be, with regular filing requirements diverting valuable resources away from core activities. We offer a comprehensive range of bookkeeping and payroll services available to all types of businesses. We take the burden out of client bookkeeping and payroll requirements, allowing our clients to focus on developing and growing their business. Our services include:
- Completion and online submission of VAT3 Returns to Revenue
- Bank Reconciliations
- Purchase and Sales Ledgers including Debtor and Creditor reconciliations
- Online Management of Relevant Contracts Tax
- Monthly management accounts
- Full Payroll service including new employee registration, online submission of P45s, issuing of payslips, processing and submission of P30/P35 forms to Revenue and year-end P60 forms for employees.
Let us help you free up some of your valuable time by allowing us to deal with your bookkeeping and payroll compliance leaving you to concentrate on other aspects of your business.
Company Secretarial Services
With the introduction of the Companies Act 2014 and the Companies (Accounting) Act 2017, company directors need to ensure that both they and their companies are fully compliant. There are significant late filing fees for any issues of non-compliance with statutory obligations which in turn can result in court prosecutions. At Bradley Accountancy, we offer the following services:
- Preparation and filing of statutory returns with the Companies Registration Office
- Advice concerning entitlement to claim audit exemption
- General advice on company law
- Appointment and/or resignation of directors and/or secretary
- Change in registered office address
- Increase of authorised share capital
- Changes to a company’s memorandum and articles of association
- Change of company name or change of objects.
For limited companies, the entitlement to claim audit exemption when filing statutory returns with the Companies Office, is both an important business objective and cost saving measure. Any company entitled to this exemption needs to be aware of the criteria that must be met in order to claim exemption. Furthermore, with changes to company law the relevant thresholds allowing companies to claim this entitlement have increased thereby opening the exemption up to a greater number of companies who may not have previously qualified. However many companies consistently fail to meet the necessary criteria through insufficient planning and a lack of understanding surrounding filing dates and requirements. At Bradley Accountancy, we can advise you on any issue you may have concerning your company’s entitlement to claim audit exemption. We have extensive experience in advising companies how to claim this exemption, ensuring all relevant filing dates are met on time to keep the exemption.
Personal and Corporate Taxation Services
We offer a comprehensive range of taxation services to ensure that you are fully compliant and to allow you to accurately plan your tax opportunities. We have a vast amount of knowledge and experience in working within the Irish taxation system with which to assist and advise our clients. We tailor our taxation services to take into account each client’s circumstances and/or the context of their business. Our services include:
- Completion of Income Tax returns for self-employed individuals and company directors
- Completion of Income Tax returns for PAYE employed individuals
- Completion of Corporation Tax returns for Corporate Clients
- Assistance and advice with Revenue Investigations and Audits
- Completion of Capital Gains Returns
- Capital Gains tax planning and compliance
- Personal Tax Planning
- Comprehensive review of your tax position to establish if you and/or your business is both tax efficient and tax compliant
- Advice concerning tax compliance obligations i.e. VAT, PAYE/PRSI, RCT
- Planning advice concerning business start-ups and expansions.
Bradley Accountancy is approved by the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) as registered auditors. For companies that require an audit for statutory or regulatory reasons, we fully understand the cost, time and burden that an audit can place on a business. However, for businesses in this position, we believe our auditing service minimises these concerns while also bringing clarity and value to overall business performance and function. We conduct our audits to enable us to respond to management and shareholder concerns and provide valuable feedback on performance.
Business Advisory Services
We provide tailored advisory services to help businesses grow and achieve their objectives. We help you to accurately identify all opportunities and risks, plan around this information and ultimately increase the value of your business. We offer our advisory services to both established businesses as well as new starts. Our in-depth knowledge and experience means we are better placed than most to provide a beneficial advisory service. Areas where we can advise on include:
- The best structure for your business – sole trader, partnership or limited company
- Initiate and complete registration procedures with Revenue Commissioners and Companies Registration Office
- Advise and install the necessary accounting system to keep your business records and information up to date
- Preparation of business plans, cash flow projections and budgets
- Accessing your company information 24/7 by moving your accounting systems to a cloud based system
- Work with and maintain a solid working relationship with your bank for any funding requirements
- Due diligence services in takeover situations for the buyer or the seller
- For Solicitors, compliance with Law Society Regulations and filing of annual accountant’s report
- For Auctioneers, compliance with the Property Services Regulatory Authority and filing of annual accountant’s report.